December 7th, 2009
WebROaR v0.2.5 gem is now available on Gemcutter. Change log for this release:
- Tested on Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard & Ubuntu 9.10 (64-bit).
- Tested on Ruby Enterprise Edition 1.8.7-2009.10.
- Upgraded rack dependency version to >=1.0.1.
- Upgraded rails dependency version to >=2.3.5. Resolves Ticket #6.
- Redirected 'rake spec' output to STDOUT by default to indicate progress of test execution.
- Implemented exception handling (that works both on ruby 1.8 & 1.9) for handling errors raised in scripts being run by the embedded interpreter in the worker.
- Redirected standard IO right after logger is initialized in worker.
- Handled absolute path for install dependencies. Resolves Ticket #3 - 'Unable to locate gcc on Snow Leopard during installation'.
gem sources -a http://gems.github.com sudo gem install webroar sudo webroar install
In case you have a previous installation of WebROaR, the install would give an option to import previous configuration, logs and admin panel data. Or you can also choose to install afresh and deploy your application(s) again.
We are trying to make the server more robust and stable, and would be very happy to receive feedback/comments and bug-reports. If you have some time, please run your ruby web application on it and let us know how it goes.