September 19th, 2011
We are happy to announce the release of WebROaR v0.6.1 with a couple of new features and critical bug fixes.
Now the users can send their valuable feedback, and report any bug from "Contact Us" page of the Admin Panel. For that you need to configure mail setting from "Configuration" page.
This release added support to disable Admin Panel and Analytics feature. These features can be controlled from 'conf/serverinternalconfig.yml' file.
Previous version of Admin Panel shows backtrace and environment details of the last occurred exception. But now it shows backtrace and environment details from all the exceptions.
Here is the list of changes since v0.5.0 release.
- Added Feedback and Report Bug forms in Admin Panel.
- Support to disable Admin Panel on server startup.
- Support to disable Analytics feature.
- Show backtrace and environment details of each exceptions.
- Fixed server crashing issue with Ubuntu 11.04.
- Fixed file import issue by importing 'serverinternalconfig.yml' file.
- Now closing session after password change of Admin Panel.
- Fixed SSL issue in libebb.
- Changed images used in Admin Panel.
- Moved Email module to Admin Panel
- Added current directory in load_path($:) to make the server compatible with Ruby>=1.9.2.
- Added helpers to run Admin Panel with Ruby 1.9.3.
- Fixed invalid byte sequence issue to run Admin Panel with Ruby 1.9.2.
- Corrected spec test cases.
- Fixed condition satement to check Rails version in adapter.
- Upgraded Admin Panel and Test App to Rails 2.3.9.
- Upgraded openflashchart_2 plugin.
- Corrected check condition to start exception tracker.
- Defined modules for server commands.
- Corrected default value of min and max workers for application
- Added link to stop an application from Admin Panel.
- Improved and cleaned up Analyzer module.
- Commented copyright message in Admin Panel's views.
- Hacked 'environment.rb' to fix 'version_requirements' method issue with RubyGems 1.5.x
- Fixed code compilation issue with Mac OS.
sudo gem install webroar sudo webroar install
In case you have a previous installation of WebROaR, the install would give an option to import previous configuration, logs and admin panel data. Or you can also choose to install afresh and deploy your application(s) again.
Refer to WebROaR User Guide for more detailed information.
We are thankful to all the people who reported issues on Lighthouse and to the mailing list. We would be glad to receive more feedback/comments and bug-reports. Please run your ruby web applications on WebROaR and give us your valuable feedback. You feedback is much appriciated.